Monday, August 21, 2006

Well, the first thing to do is work on the garage, since I need a place to work, and possibly live, when I demo the rest of the house. The wiring needs a major upgrade, so I am installing a 100 amp subpanel in the garage to power my tools and lights. The existing wiring is dangerous at best. Then I will insulate the garage for winter. However there is no ceiling and the garage was added on to the existing house. You can see that they never bothered to take off the siding. So, first the siding has to come off, then a ceiling has to go up, then insulation and sheetrock...


Now that's some nice wiring. They had power running from the basement to the garage, then they ran power to the lights in the basement... from the garage?. Good thing I had a tester!




Lovely 4x4 construction ...

Once the siding was removed I had a view into the attic above the bathroom. Just what I thought, old wood, spider webs, and beer cans...
The first load of "house" to go to the dump :-)
Out with the old and in with the new... ceiling joists.

No comments: